The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme in Germany, a fully funded research scholarship grant open to all international applicants, is now accepting applications for the 2022 academic year.
The scholarship program offers future leaders master’s courses in disciplines that are of special relevance for social, political, and economic development; prepares them in a practice-oriented course for responsible positions in or for their regions of origin; and contributes to establishing economic and social forms that are democratically oriented and designed to overcome social inequalities.
- Scholarships (of currently €931 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance coverage in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory.
All applications must be submitted in English or German.
- Complete the DAAD application form ‘Application for a research/study scholarship’ (see Attachment 2) only once and indicate your selected master’s course or courses, in the latter case clearly indicating your first and second priority.
- If you are applying for two master’s courses, Submit a single application for both master’s courses and only one letter of motivation. In this letter, you should explain in detail why you chose the respective master’s courses as well as your reasons for prioritising them.
- Please submit the application form to the master’s courses of your choice (no more than two), along with the required documents (see below). Scholarship applications are only accepted via the master’s courses.
- Graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent)
- With a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy, and administration.
- willing to actively contribute to the social, political, and economic development of their home countries/regions
- who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment)
- DAAD/LUANAR Scholarship Program 2022 (APPLY HERE)
- Latest Scholarship to Study in Abroad 2023 [APPLY HERE]
- 2022 World Bank Graduate Scholarship (Fully Funded)
- Stockholm University International PhD Scholarship Award in Sweden (2022)
- Heidelberg University Hans-Peter Wild Talent Study Award in Germany (2022)