There are different types of visas to enter Canada from any nation in the world, and each has its own eligibility requirements and fees incurred.
You need to specify the type of visa you want to work on before considering migrating to Canada.
If you are wondering about the different types of visas that can be used to enter Canada, here’s a post for you to read. Generally, the most popular visas used by migrants are the Work and Study Visas, but today I’ll introduce you to some uncommon visas to use to enter Canada. This post is for you.
ALSO SEE: 2022 Best Freelancing Job With Canadian Companies
Citizens of certain nations can travel to Canada without a visa, but citizens of many countries require a visit to enter Canada. If you are from Africa, you will surely need a visa to enter Canada.
Different Types of Required Visa to Enter Canada
There are different types of visas that are required to be used to enter Canada, and these visas have different requirements and costs. Now, let’s make a breakdown of these visas below.
1. WORK VISA
If you want to work in Canada, you can apply for a work visa and a permit. To qualify for this visa, your employer must first offer you a job service, and then you will complete the necessary documents to start the work.
Eligibility for Work Visa: To be eligible for a working permit in Canada, there are a few requirements that you must meet.
- You must have a job offer from a Canadian employer.
- The job offer must be in an occupation listed as skill level A, B, or O in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Requirements for Work Visa: In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria outlined above, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- Proof of your offer for employment from a Canadian employer in the form of a written job offer letter which includes details about how long you will be employed and how much you will be paid.
Canada Work Visa fee: CAD 155 (Taxes included)
FOR YOU: Work In Canada – Job Opportunities for Immigrants 2023
Canada Work Visa Processing Time: The average processing time for a Canada work visa is 20 days, but it can take as long as three months if you’re from a country that requires biometrics or other special considerations.
2. STUDY VISA
Study Visa is a popular visa type used by mostly Africans to get into Canada, this visa explains you want to go and study in their institution and you need to get the necessary document done before resuming to the school.
Eligibility for Study Visa in Canada: To be eligible for a study visa in Canada, you must meet the following requirements:
- A Canadian school or university must have accepted you.
- You must prove that you have enough money to cover your expenses while in Canada.
Requirements for Study Visa: Along with meeting the eligibility requirements outlined above, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- Proof of your acceptance from a Canadian school or university in the form of an official letter that details how long you will be enrolled and what classes are being offered during that period (if applicable).
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover your expenses while you’re in Canada. Learn more about proof of financial support for a Canadian student visa.
Study Visa fee: CAD 150 (Taxes included).
3. Permanent Resident Visa
If you want to become a permanent resident of Canada, you can apply for this visa. There are few different types of permanent visas. I will soon write a blog post about this and alert the reader. Please sit back to expect the blog post soon
ALSO SEE: Step By Step Guide To Get Canadian Student Visa
4. Tourist Visa
This visa is strictly for visitors planning to have some holiday in Canada.
Eligibility for visitors visa in Canada: You can apply for this visa if you intend to visit Canada temporarily and meet the eligibility requirements.
Requirements for Canada Tourist Visa: The application process is pretty straightforward. In addition to providing personal documents such as your passport or travel document, you’ll need a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
5. Business Visa
To conduct business in Canada, you’ll need a business visa. This form of visa is for folks that aren’t everlasting citizens or residents of Canada and need to return back to Canada to conduct business activities together with attending meetings, negotiating contracts, attending packages and quick courses, or making an investment in a business.
VERY IMPORTANT: Documents Requirement For Canada Work Permit
Eligibility for a Business Visa: To be eligible for a business visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- A Canadian company or organization must have invited you to conduct business in Canada; and
- You must show that you have enough money to cover your expenses while in Canada.
Requirements for a Business Visa: Along with meeting the eligibility requirements outlined above, you’ll need to provide the following documents:
- A valid passport.
- Proof of your invitation from a Canadian company or organization.
- Proof that you have enough money to cover your expenses while in Canada. Learn more about Canada’s business immigrant visa.
SEE: Important Steps To Take When Applying For Jobs In Canada
- Step By Step Guide To Get Canadian Student Visa
- Few Steps To Get A Canada Temporary Work Permit
- Documents Requirement For Canada Work Permit
- Work and Study in Canada For African Students, 2023
- 2022/2023 High Demand Jobs in Canada