About German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
DAAD scholarship in Germany is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art).
The DAAD itself does not offer programs of study or courses, but awards competitive, merit-based grants for use toward study and/or research in Germany at any of the accredited German institutions of higher education.
Aim and Benefits of DAAD/LUANAR Scholarship Program
Scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to a maximum of the regular period of study upon receipt of an application for extension.
Scholars must show satisfactory progress before an extension is granted.
Requirements for DAAD/LUANAR Scholarship Program
1. Have successfully completed a three-year university degree (Master’s candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above-average results (at least: Second Class/Upper division).
2. Clearly show motivation and strong commitment.
3. Have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
4. Have completed their last university degree not over 6 years ago at the time of application.
5. Must be national or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
6. Should be a) staff member of a public university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector, d) Alumni of the DAFI program.
7. Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to take part in the program.
- 2022 DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme in Germany [Fully Funded]
- Heidelberg University Hans-Peter Wild Talent Study Award in Germany (2022)
- Stockholm University International PhD Scholarship Award in Sweden (2022)
- Turkish Government Research Scholarships (2022)
- Ariyaratnam Study Grants at King’s College for International Students in UK 2022 (Fully Funded)