This article will briefly explain the documents you need to obtain your Canada Work Permit and how to apply for it. If you are thinking of moving to Canada to work and earn a living, then you need a valid work permit to enable you to do such. This allow business people, students, temporary workers, and permanent employees to legally work in Canada and, by extension, earn money, pay taxes, and conduct business.
For some time, work permits have been granted to foreigners, which depends on the type of work and how the person is going there to work.
The first step of the process is to get a job offer. You need some valuable files before applying and some money to cover expenses.
It is required to gather up the necessary documents for the Canadian Temporary Work Permit from his or her employer in which the below documents are needed
1. Required Documents for Canada Work Permit
Your travel passport first
Your passport must be valid till the duration of your stay in Canada.
Two photos of yourself and photos of accompanying family members
The duplicate of your passport information page must include the following:
- Issue and expiry date
- Passport number
- Photos, name, date, and place of birth.
As an immigrant to Canada, you must provide your school certificate, documents, Diplomas paper, and other valuable documents that proofs you are educated.
3. Work Experiences
Various working experience documents are needed with the appointment letter and the relieving letters. providing the duplicate of the said documents.
- The name, address, and phone number of previous employers
- Copies of payslips
- Reference letters that include the duration and scope of your work
- Your Bank statements
- Letters from employers that describe your precise job obligations and duties
4. Proof of Fund
You have to show prove of some money in your account that will be used to sustain yourself for some time
- Your Investment or income
- Your bank statement of account
- The past two years’ income return tax.
5. Dependents and Family Information
If you are planning to travel with any of your relatives, then you need this;
- Your official marriage certificate
- the dated family information about the person, the date, and complete
6. Fee payment
Payment for application and biometrics fees.
7. Proof of Current Legal Status
To provide a full information about your country or residence if it differs from your citizenship
8. Job Offer
Also, evidence that you meet the qualifications for the job being offered. such as educational requirements, prior job experience detailed in a resume, and a valid Canadian provincial or territorial trade certificate
In addition, attach your Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to your application for an LMIA work permit.
9. Security & Health Report
Provide evidence that you are in good health and willing to submit to a medical examination.
Submit a Police Clearance certificate as proof that you have no criminal history.
10. Post-Graduate Work Permit
You must show proof that you have fulfilled the prerequisites for your study based on the aforementioned inquiries. This can be accomplished by submitting your final transcript, a letter from the school, and a formal notice of graduation.
- 5 Types of Visas to Enter Canada from Your Country
- Step By Step Guide To Get Canadian Student Visa
- Few Steps To Get A Canada Temporary Work Permit
- Work and Study in Canada For African Students, 2023
- 2022/2023 High Demand Jobs in Canada