KuCoin uses the two-factor authentication (2FA) to secure your account on the platform.
The 2FA is a type of multi-factor authentication that provides an additional layer of security to your account. In order to enable it, you need to provide at least one other piece of information to complement your login details, hence the word “two-factor.” 2FA isn’t enabled on the KuCoin platform by default, but it’s a requirement if you want to proceed with your account creation.
To enable two-factor authentication for your KuCoin account, follow the instructions below.
1. The first time you open your account, you’ll see a pop-up box with a reminder that you have to enable your 2FA setting. Go to Accounts and click “Bind 2-Step Verification.”
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to secure your backup key, then click Next.
3. Go your respective stores (Play/Apple) and download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone.
4. Scan the on-screen barcode and enter the verification code. Click “Submit.”
5. KuCoin will warn you not to unbind your 2FA from your phone’s Google Authenticator to secure your KuCoin account.
6. Congratulations, you have now secured your KuCoin account through 2FA. You can also add security questions for additional protection.