Know Your Customer (KYC) processes are designed to further improve the security of your account by linking it to your personal information. Although you can technically use KuCoin even without verifying your identity but a withdrawal limit will be imposed on you until you undergo the verification process.
That’s why, if you want to use KuCoin completely, you’re going to have to complete the KYC and to do so, you need or should follow the steps below.
1. After setting up your 2FA and your security questions, you need to verify your email address and to do that, Log in to your email address and look for KuCoin’s message. Click the Confirm button or the attached link.
2. That should bring you back to a KuCoin page confirming your verification.
3. Then, pick the type of account that you have, and click on the blue Continue button.
4. The following window will display the requirements needed for your KYC verification. To proceed, click Continue.
5. Fill in all the required information, meanwhile, you also have to submit a copy of your valid ID.
6. To check if you’ve filled in everything correctly, go to Account Security and ensure that every step reads Completed.
7. KuCoin will review your information. If everything has been checked and confirmed, you should receive a confirmation shortly.
8. However, for you to see your verification status, go to Overview. The account status will change to Verified once you have been approved.