Ruggable is a Los Angeles-based, venture-backed, rapidly growing e-commerce startup that is disrupting the $7B rug industry and revolutionizing the market for residential rugs. Our patented 2-Piece Rug System allows you to remove the top layer of your rug and wash it in your home washing machine, offering an affordable, stylish and convenient solution for young families, pet owners, and busy individuals. We’re a small, entrepreneurial team with big ambitions. We have a strong brand, established traction, and amazing advisors fueling our steady growth. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor and solve for complex challenges, while charting your own career.
The Graphic Design Team Lead will be responsible for leading a small team of graphic designers. This calls for a highly organised and detail-oriented individual who is great at time management, meeting deadlines and enjoys the technical side of design. The ideal candidate will be excited about leadership and already skilled in Adobe Photoshop.
They will show strong organisational skills, have working knowledge in creating web-ready assets, and be excited about interior design and staying on top of home decor trends as it pertains to room styling. This role requires the candidate to work well under pressure of fast deadlines, handle constructive criticism with grace, and perpetually strive to optimise efficiency as it pertains to their tasks.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise a small team of graphic designers & foster their growth
- Coordinate projects or collections & oversee asset hand offs
- Lead reviews, consulting with senior leadership at agreed-upon points
- Train other designers on advanced tasks: ordering samples, file troubleshooting, web image & production file hand offs, creating actions/scripts, flight test checking, etc.
- Collaborate to develop and improve design processes
- Create mood boards & guided direction with manager
- Assist with strike off coordination & submission
- Utilise technical skills for creating images ready for web & production-ready files for printing
- Collaborate with Textile Designers, Product, Marketing and Operations to accomplish Ruggable’s vision and aesthetics
What You’ll Need to Have:
- Ability to work in-office
- Examples of project or team leadership
- Fluidity of communication remotely and in-person with team members across all levels
- Strong color correction skills a must
- Experience using spreadsheets to manage information or projects
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of web assets (color modes, specifications)
- Understand color theory and be able to color match effectively
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple moving pieces at once
- Aesthetic and design alignment with the Ruggable brand
- Thoughtful and self-reflective, desire to learn and grow
- AA in graphic design, or textile design required (unless portfolio can be reviewed of equal talent/skill)
- Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator scripting experience
- Portfolio of color correction, web imagery, photo editing abilities
- Project management experience
- Corporate and/or e-commerce experience is a plus
At Ruggable, we offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Ruggable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We proudly recruit and hire a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
To all recruitment agencies: Ruggable does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ruggable employees or any other company destination. Ruggable is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Open Position: Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) – Fully remote in Europe
- 2022 Best Freelancing Job With Canadian Companies
- Consumer Product Marketer NEA Job in Egypt [APPLY NOW]
- Open Position: Technical Writer (USA Remote)
- Open Position: Senior Quantity Surveyor – Infrastructure – Engineering Consultancy