Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we’ve raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
ALSO SEE: Open Position: Security Risk Manager (Apply Here)
Where You’ll Come In
The Senior Accountant: Revenue is our subject matter expert on order-to-cash and revenue recognition. You’ll make an impact by maturing TFD’s accounting workpapers, systems and workflows. You’ll be an operator within a central, dynamic part of TFD’s business.
This role is a member of TFD’s finance and risk management organization (affectionately called “EBITDOG”), whose objective is to build a healthy business.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Bridge knowledge with our Acquisition org, with our external banking contacts, and with the FP&A org.
- Become TFD’s subject matter expert on order-to-cash and revenue recognition, including the details of how it all flows through NetSuite.
- Keep our financials up-to-date with revenue and cash flows.
- Take ownership of important chunks of our monthly accounting close.
- Lead our analysis of cash flows and working capital components, developing new analyses and improve existing work-papers for clarity and consistency.
ALSO SEE: Open Position: Senior Product Designer (UX/UI) – Fully remote
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have a minimum 3-6 Years of Accounting experience. Minimum 2 years for a direct-to-consumer product business.
- You have a strong accounting background and are comfortable with GAAP revenue recognition.
- You’re comfortable researching how things work and explaining complex topics to busy people.
- You have an intuitive knowledge of NetSuite for revenue and cash workflows and reporting, and comfortable in Excel/Google Sheets.
We support our team members with the flexibility to thrive, professionally and personally. All hybrid team members are asked to be in the office for 2 Gathering Days a week to continue to build a collaborative, lively, and invested environment – a unique in-person culture we are proud of. Gathering Days are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, however the office will be open and available for all Monday through Friday.
ALSO SEE: Open Position: Graphic Designer Team Lead
NYC and Florida: Employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 (in accordance with the CDC definition of vaccination) and provide proof thereof in order to work on-site at the New York City and/or Florida offices, unless the employee has an approved exemption (per state/local law) in place prior to the employee’s start date.
Nashville: TFD requests that employees provide proof of vaccination on a voluntary basis prior to working on-site at the Nashville office, in line with local legislation.
The above RTO guidelines and vaccination policy is based on current local COVID-19 guidelines and is subject to change. We strongly encourage employees to take every necessary precaution to prioritise the safety of yourself and of those around you.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug
- Apply For Team Member, Estate Services & Subsidiaries at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Open Position: Senior Front End Engineer (APPLY HERE)
- Open Position: Content Manager (APPLY WITHIN)
- How to make money from opay app
- Open Position: Technical Writer (USA Remote)