Who We Are
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we’ve raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Where You’ll Come In
The Senior Accountant: Revenue is our subject matter expert on order-to-cash and revenue recognition. You’ll make an impact by maturing TFD’s accounting workpapers, systems and workflows. You’ll be an operator within a central, dynamic part of TFD’s business.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Bridge knowledge with our Acquisition org, with our external banking contacts, and with the FP&A org.
- Become TFD’s subject matter expert on order-to-cash and revenue recognition, including the details of how it all flows through NetSuite.
- Keep our financials up-to-date with revenue and cash flows.
- Take ownership of important chunks of our monthly accounting close.
- Lead our analysis of cash flows and working capital components, developing new analyses and improve existing work-papers for clarity and consistency.
We’re Excited About You Because
- You have a minimum 3-6 Years of Accounting experience. Minimum 2 years for a direct-to-consumer product business.
- You have a strong accounting background and are comfortable with GAAP revenue recognition.
- You’re comfortable researching how things work and explaining complex topics to busy people.
- You have an intuitive knowledge of NetSuite for revenue and cash workflows and reporting, and comfortable in Excel/Google Sheets.
A Few of Our Best Benefits
- Dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug