Mobius is on a mission to make all financial products accessible to everyone in the new hybrid financial world.
With new financial products being created every week, from the real world alternative asset explosion, new and exciting etfs, to entirely new kinds of virtual assets, connecting and utilising all of these new and existing financial products and services to their fullest extent is increasingly becoming complex. That’s why we created Mobius – to provide companies with the tools, capabilities and the power to innovate with ease. Our intelligent middleware control and automation platform connects the world to financial products and services through real-world, virtual, and hybrid (Real World <> Virtual) capabilities.
ALSO SEE: Open Position: Senior Accountant – Revenue (APPLY HERE)
Our team works collaboratively across North America, Europe & Australia to build a truly global product, focused on the consumer interaction to help them chart a path forward in the new hybrid financial world.
About the Role: The Senior Front-End Developer will build and continuously improve the suite of Mobius web applications. You are Mobius’s first front end developer and will lead everything front end. This role is designed to grow to lead the entire front end team, across web and mobile as the company grows and scales. You will report to the Chief Technology Officer and work with the head of User Experience to craft best-in-class web applications. You will use React.js & Next.js to write code targeting modern web browsers (Chrome, Safari etc). You will be responsible for establishing and enforcing style guidelines, writing test suites, creating CI/CD/CT pipelines and to maintain code coverage benchmarks (>90%).
Position Mission: Create best-in-class React.js web applications alongside the UI/UX team to delight and empower our end users. Maintain a stable, bug-free, thoroughly tested, and performant codebase.
- Writing clean, stable, testable, and performant code using React.js.
- Using wireframes and prototypes created by the UI/UX team to guide development of UI components.
- Working with the Chief Technology Officer to generate accurate level-of-effort estimates for planning purposes.
- Establish and maintain the DevOps aspects of the web development process as needed.
- Establish code style and organisation rules; perform reviews of all code submitted by other developers.
- Working within the existing Agile development process as defined by the Engineering leadership team.
- Staying up-to-date on UI development trends and technologies and identifying new tech that can be integrated into the technology stack to improve developer productivity.
ALSO SEE: Open Position: Security Risk Manager (Apply Here)
- Experience developing web applications, as well as experience with React.js to develop modern web applications.
- Experience with UI libraries such as React and client-side middleware libraries such as Redux Thunk and Redux Saga.
- Capable of managing complex UI components with state management libraries such as Redux or Recoil.
- History working with multi-package projects using Lerna or Yarn workspaces
- Experience configuring and maintaining frontend project tooling (Webpack, Babel, ESLint or Jest)
- Understanding of software development best practises, specifically RESTful API design, networking as it relates to stability/latency, and continuous integration, testing, security and development.
- Basic understanding of the django web framework, google cloud, github, and circleci, or similar tools.
- Some experience with Agile software development best practises.
Remember – If you don’t have all of the above, but have a passion to learn and develop your skills, we consider that more important than direct experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with mobile development – Preferably with Flutter
- Experience with Drag and Drop Interfaces
- Prior startup experience
Why you’ll love Mobius:
- Unlimited Vacation – with our anti-burnout policy
- Travel Budget – up to 4 trips a year to wherever Mobius team is located (outside of company events) or to tech conferences for skill building
- Global company get-togethers and events
- High energy and fun team-work environment
- Help grow a global startup community through company-sponsored meetups and events
- Paid Health, Dental & Vision plan
- Flexible working arrangements (Flex Hours)
- Learn from an amazing team with full support in your role
- As Mobius grows, there will be opportunities to grow in your career
- Floating PTO Days
- Stock Options & 401(k) Plan
Mobius is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- Open Position: Senior Software Engineer – Remote UK
- Open Position: Web Developer – Gamefi [APPLY NOW]
- Open Position: Junior Web Developer
- Open Position: Technical Writer (USA Remote)
- Open Position: Security Risk Manager (Apply Here)