Tefconnect 2022: Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), Africa’s leading philanthropy dedicated to empowering African entrepreneurs, opens applications on its TEFConnect digital platform (www.tefconnect.com) today, January 1, 2022.
This year’s intervention prioritizes the economic recovery of small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) and young African entrepreneurs, following the Covid-19 disruption to economic activities. The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF)—Africa’s leading philanthropy focused on empowering African entrepreneurs—is looking for the most innovative business ideas across the African continent.
Who is Eligible to apply for Tefconnect 2022?
You are eligible to apply if you have a business idea or a start-up under three years of existence in any sector and in any country across Africa.
You could be selected to join our current 9,038 beneficiaries from across 54 African countries and receive:
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
Date & Schedules
- January 1, 2022: Application portal opens
- March 31, 2022: Application portal closes; initial longlist is announced to proceed for business training
- April – May: Training & mentorship
- June: Pan-African pitching competitions
- July: Announcement of finalists at the TEF Forum
- August – September: Background Check
- August – December: Seed Funding Disbursement
- Following applications, African entrepreneurs will undergo business training.
- Shortlisted candidates will prepare and submit an updated business plan
- Top performing entrepreneurs will be shortlisted to go through a pitching phase in all 54 African countries, in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic.
- Top performers will be selected to receive the $5,000 seed capital.
- Finalists to receive $5,000 seed capital will be announced at the TEF Forum
How to Apply for Tefconnect 2022?
To apply for the Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Program (Tefconnect 2022), Log on to the multilingual application portal on www.tefconnect.com to sign up today.
- 2022/2023 TY Danjuma Scholarship for Africans to Study in Leading Business Schools,UK
- Oxford Foundry/FMDQ Innovate Nigeria Programme for Innovation-Driven Start-ups in Nigeria 
- Who is an entrepreneur? And what are the thing you need to know to be a successful entrepreneur?
- Adamawa State Scholarship 2022 for Indigenous Students in Higher Education
- African Supply Chain Scholarships at MIT-Zaragoza for African Students – Spain, 2022